|ON AIR NOW:||Music That Brings Hope To Life - 10:00 pm - 6:00 am|
EEO Public File Report
Annual EEO Public File Report
KWIL – KHPE Annual EEO Public File Report Oct 1, 2012 – Sept 30, 2013
No Full-Time Employee were hired during the period of Oct 1, 2012 – Sept 30, 2013
EEO activities during the year included:
1. Participation in an Internet job bank to promote job openings in broadcasting with regular on air announcements. KWIL & KHPE each air 365 “Christianjobs.com” :30 second announcements per year at various times of the day. Christianjobs.com is an employment agency, which posts job openings in broadcasting. We also have a link to Christianjobs.com web site on our web site for KHPE. This initiative was initiated by our Program Director and coordinated by our Traffic Manager
2. A spring and summer internship was established in conjunction with Northwest Christian University. These Internships covered a 13-week period and 135 hours of training and experience. Interns gained experience in audio recording and production, social media, website content, promotions, and fundraising. Interns were supervised by the General Manager, Randy Davison as well as working with department supervisors including Sales, Production and Programming.
3. An open house was held at the studio office of 34545 Hwy 20 SE Albany Oregon and Open to the public. We had 40 adults and children visit the station, receive a tour. Participants we invited to experience recording their voice and shown how it could be used on-air. They were also invited to observe a live show in our studios. This open house was conducted by General Manager Randy Davison and Program Director Paul Hernandez.
4. Participation in a High School Job Fair conducted December 11, 2012 at Linn Benton Community College. General Manager Randy Davison conducted mock interviews with High Schools Students and provided input about the qualities radio stations would be seeking in future applicants. Six High School students were interviewed.
5. Participated as a sponsor of the Annual Diversity Employment Career Fair on July 31st at the Ambridge Events Center in Portland Oregon. We provided 60 thirty second commercials on KHPE and 50 thirty second commercials on KWIL AM to help promote the event. In exchange we were included in the official program and placed on the events webpage. General Manager Randy Davison worked directly with the event sponsors of this event.