|ON AIR NOW:||Jim Daly - 9:00 pm - 9:30 pm|
EEO Public File Report
2014 – 2015 Annual EEO Public File Report
Annual EEO Public File Report Oct 1, 2014 – Sept 30, 2015
This EEO Public File Report (“Annual EEO Report’) is to comply with section 73.208 (c)(6) of the FCC’s Equal Employment Rules. This Annual EEO Report summarizes the relevant hiring and EEO outreach conducted by the following stations, which collectively form a single Station Employment Unit for Purposes of EEO Rules:
Parent License Name: Extra Mile Media
Station Call Letters: KHPE & KWIL
One Full-Time Employee was hired during the period of Oct 1, 2014 – Sept 30, 2015
Recruitment Sources Used for this position are listed at the conclusion of the list of activities.
EEO activities during the year included:
1. A Full-Time Sales person was hired in April 2015. 42 sources were used to inform the public of the open position and a total of 41 people applied. Five interviews were conducted. A final candidate was selected and started employment on April 20th, 2015.
2. Participation in an Internet job bank to promote job openings in broadcasting with regular on air announcements. KWIL & KHPE each air 365 “Christianjobs.com” :30-second announcements per year at various times of the day. Christianjobs.com is an employment agency, which posts job openings in broadcasting. We also have a link to Christianjobs.com web site on our web site for KHPE. This initiative was initiated by our Program Director and coordinated by our Traffic Manager
3. On November 5, 2014 participated in a Job Fair presented by the Kiwanis Club of Corvallis Oregon. The event was held at the Corvallis Boys & Girls Club for High School Students interested in learning about various careers. General Manager Randy Davison conducted 4 presentations to different groups of students sharing the experience of working at a radio station and the various activities associated with working for a media company. There was a Q&A following each presentation.
4. An Open House was held at the studio office of 34545 Hwy 20 SE Albany Oregon on December 17, 2014 with 44 visitors attending. Visitors received a presentation on the history along with a tour of the radio station. Participants we’re invited to observe on-air activities in our studio observation room and some were invited to participate in the on-air program. We provided knowledge as to how our radio station runs and some of the details of our specific activities. General Manager Randy Davison, Program Director Paul Hernandez and various other staff members conducted this open house.
A Second Open House was conducted on July 8th, 2015 with 12 people attending.
5. Zion Lutheran School of Corvallis visited our studio office of 34545 Hwy 20 SE Albany Oregon on March 18, 2015. 25 Primary school children and 9 adults attended. We conducted the same activities as the Open House listed above.