|ON AIR NOW:||Rick Hall - 10am to 2pm|
For more information: Call Peter Van Houten (503) 693-8939 or e-mail email@example.com.
Details: Whether you’re looking to clean out your garage, that storage closet, free-up the junk drawer, or just plain do something good for the environment – there’s a way to make it happen. On Saturday, May 10, from 10am-2pm, middle school youth will be hosting a FREE recycling collection at Lake Grove Presbyterian Church. Recycling services will be provided by EG Metals, an Environmental Technologies company with headquarters in Hillsboro, Oregon.
All those plastic lids, obsolete computers, cell phones, Ethernet cables, phone cords, and miss-matched chargers that you’ve been holding onto will finally have a purpose after all. All proceeds from this event will help support a group of 24 staff and students who will be working among the hungry and homeless in Redding, CA this summer. EG Metals, a nationally certified electronics recycler, provides full-service metal and electronics recycling in an environmentally conscious fashion, adhering to a ‘no landfill policy’ for all products received by EG Metals.
All of the following items will be accepted at the event:
ELECTRONICS and ACCESSORIES
- Television Sets: All (working or not)….................... $15 Disposal Fee
- Computer CRT Monitors:….................................... $10 Disposal Fee
- Computer Flat Screen Monitors:…........................... $5 Disposal Fee
- Computers and Monitors: Computer CPUs, laptops, boards, keyboards, mice.
- Cell Phones: Phones, chargers.
- Wires and Cables: Power supplies, Christmas Lights
- Other Electronics: laptop batteries, Printers, keyboards, mice, peripherals, copiers, fax machines, scanners, PDAs, calculators, electronic games/toys, telephones, flashdrives, populated circuit boards, hubs, switches, routers, digital cameras, VCR/DVD players, A/V & stereo equipment, etc.
- Batteries: Any Battery except Alkaline.
METAL and APPLIANCES
- Appliances: Stoves, small appliances, microwaves, washers, dryers, refrigerators*, freezers*, air conditioners*, etc. [*All Freon must be removed]
- Metal: Scrap metal, iron, steel, aluminum, brass, copper, ferrous and non-ferrous metals, lawn mowers (Fuel Drained), auto parts, BBQs, water heaters, wood stoves, Propane Tanks w/out valves, etc.
- Auto Parts: Motors, Batteries, Starters, Alternators, etc.
PLASTICS – SORT CLEAN and DRY plastics into these categories:
- Plastic Bags / Film: Dry cleaning bags, grocery bags, shrink, bubble & pallet wrap, clean freezer & Ziploc bags, clean Visqueen polyethylene, six-pack rings, clean fertilizer, soil & seed bags.
- Media Plastics: DVDs, CDs, jewel cases, cassette tapes and cases, VHS tapes, 8-track audio tapes.
- CLEAN Rigid Plastics: All plastics #1 - #7, plastic strapping – no metal, buckets – no metal handles, bottle caps and drink lids (yogurt, butter, soda), nursery potting flats/ trays, nursery pots of all sizes, potting 4 and 6-packs, vinyl, tarps, swimming pools, liners.
- “Unlimited” Household Documents for shredding for $10 suggested donation
ITEMS THAT ARE NOT ACCETABLE
- NO garbage, NO yard debris, NO hazardous waste or other toxic materials. IF IT IS NOT ON THE LIST, WE CANNOT ACCEPT IT.
- NO VEHICLE FLUIDS: All fuel must be drained from gas-powered items.
- NO LIGHT BULBS (Florescent or Incandescent).
- NO STYROFOAM
- NO dirty plastic
- NO containers with chemical residue (triple-rinsed only)
- NO latex, Nitrile or rubber gloves
- NO cereal liners
- NO chip bags